We are looking for a full-time Operations Associate to join the ChicoBag team. This is an onsite, entry-level shipping, receiving, and light production role in our warehouse. In addition to picking, packing, and shipping out orders you will spend time finishing and inspecting orders before they ship out to our customers. Additional duties include maintaining our zero waste program, shipping samples to prospective customers, and calculating shipping quotes.
An hourly rate of $16-19 plus a generous benefits package, 401k match, paid time off, volunteer time, and the ability to work to make the world a better place is all part of the deal.
If you are on board with our mission to help humanity bag the single-use habit, are dependable, and are dedicated to social justice, environmental stewardship, and a zero-waste culture, please apply!
- 1-year experience in warehousing, production, and/or shipping and receiving fields preferred.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- LTL shipping experience is strongly preferred. International shipping is a plus as well.
- Familiarity with stand-up, electric-powered forklifts is preferred, but not required. Training will be provided to ensure safety requirements are met.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, and related programs. Experience with Google Apps, UPS Worldship, USPS (Endicia), FedEx Ship Manager and other online business shipping software is desired.
- Experience working in ERP/CRM systems is preferred but not required.
- Understanding of general shipping and receiving and inventory control procedures.
- Understanding or experience with printing techniques including dye sublimation and screen-printing.
- Ability to safely lift up to 55 pounds on a regular basis and work in a hot or cold environment depending on the weather.
- Organizational skills and effective time management to succeed in a semi-autonomous, fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for communicating with internal and external customers.
- An optimistic, driven, can-do approach to completing projects in a fast-paced production environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to see what needs to be done and get it done.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail and accuracy oriented with the ability to learn quickly.
- Commitment to social justice and the mission of the company.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and perform the day-to-day warehouse operations.
- Responsible for on-time shipments to customers.
- Inspect incoming and outgoing inventory for general quality control.
- Perform physical inventory counts once per month or as requested.
- Apply labels and stickers to products as required.
- Daily production duties including kitting utensil sets, applying header cards, building assorted packs, folding bags, and other duties as assigned.
- Help to load and unload trucks.
- Support safety in the warehouse including lifting, maintaining safe floor conditions, and any policy from the handbook regarding the warehouse.
- Help to keep facility clean and organized at all times.
- Weigh and record waste, including cardboard, and dispose of in appropriate bins. Ensure bins are out for pickup weekly.
- Provide tracking numbers and shipment costs as requested.
- Provide shipping quotes as needed.
- Create, monitor, and follow up on Customer Service cases to ensure that appropriate information is recorded and actions are taken as needed to support a speedy resolution.
- Participate in weekly Operations Team and Companywide meetings.
- Suggest and help implement procedures to increase efficiency and accuracy in production to help drive customer satisfaction.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes.
- All other duties as assigned.